Trying to Convince the Parents...

bantam0907

Songster
9 Years
May 18, 2010
I am a current 4H'er and i showed two silkies last year, unfortunatly my roo died and it devistated me and my hen, i want to get another to keep her company but i have to convince mom and dad that they want another chicken. Easier said than done. Ive tried just about everything, any ideas?

say that you will pay for it and that your female is really lonely and you dont want her to die from being lonely. she needs a partner. tell them the experts on byc say that you need to get another.

Ok! ill give it a try! they do love the hen, nice approach!
wink.png

They know i will take care of the chickens! I always have they are my life! I check them in the morning before i leave and i see them before and after i go to work and in the evening i sit outside for an hour with them! I talked to them last night and they said maybe. But if i get another ill have to wait till spring

I would recommend hearing them out, be very respectful and mature, don't give them any reason to say no. Calmly and politely counteract any of their arguments. Whatever you do, don't lose your cool because they'll call you on it. Good luck!

Do a good deed and rescue a roo. There are many roos out there that need homes. Often you can get one for free. Your hen really does need company. You are gone too much through the day and she will get lonely.

Back
Top Bottom