Trying to figure door out for chicken coop going out to the run

Is he a mason by trade? That's nice work.

I love the soft color of the brick. Is it reclaimed or new-made-to-look-aged?

Make sure to plan for plenty of ventilation at the top level. :)
We are going to vent the roof as well as we will have hardwire cloth on the side door. So we can leave the doors open in the summer during the hotter days and not worry about predators

We are going to vent the roof as well as we will have hardwire cloth on the side door. So we can leave the doors open in the summer during the hotter days and not worry about predators

:) Sounds good. People often forget to provide for supplemental venting for the summer.

This is the kind of thing you should be looking for in re: air flow 24/7/365:

draft-free-png.3154816

Or this if it's a shed roof:

repecka-illustrates-png.3154875

:) Sounds good. People often forget to provide for supplemental venting for the summer.

This is the kind of thing you should be looking for in re: air flow 24/7/365:

draft-free-png.3154816

Or this if it's a shed roof:

repecka-illustrates-png.3154875
He wants to try and make the roof he calls floating where there will ventilation all the way around it. And then the vents on the side and the we will have the clean out door which will have the hardwire cloth over it so we will be able to leave the doors open and we will have the floor on roller wheels so we can pull it out and clean it.

He wants to try and make the roof he calls floating where there will ventilation all the way around it. And then the vents on the side and the we will have the clean out door which will have the hardwire cloth over it so we will be able to leave the doors open and we will have the floor on roller wheels so we can pull it out and clean it.
He is the type of person who can't think or plan to far in advance He has to do things when he thinks about them.

Do you make these drawings? I love them. 😂 the chicken in the draft was my all time favorite

Yes, I did.

I did one crude one to help someone understand something I couldn't convey in a verbal description and kind of ran with the idea.

That sounds great.

If you make the vents with top-hinged covers you'll be able to adjust the amount of airflow to suit the weather and they act as their own awnings.

Generous roof overhangs both keep the weather out of the coop and give you a dry place to stand when collecting eggs, etc.

Yes, I did.

I did one crude one to help someone understand something I couldn't convey in a verbal description and kind of ran with the idea.

That sounds great.

If you make the vents with top-hinged covers you'll be able to adjust the amount of airflow to suit the weather and they act as their own awnings.

Generous roof overhangs both keep the weather out of the coop and give you a dry place to stand when collecting eggs, etc.
Thank you so much for all the information.This really does help us alot. I loved your pictures too.

Back
Top Bottom