Trying to figure out a spring flock

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by girlmama, Jan 15, 2011.

1. girlmama

girlmama New Egg

Jan 15, 2011
    louisville, ky
    I'm sitting here, sorting through the various hatcheries. Trying to come up with a spring flock...

We're fine with the 25 minimum. I figure half layers, half meat.

And honestly, I think I'd rather have dual purpose for meat than a bird that grows faster than it can handle.

For eggs, we love a rainbow, and are fine without white.

But for some reason. I just can't do it. I just keep thinking "there's got to be a regular old person out there with the perfect birds for us."

I'm new to the site. Well, kinda. I've come here for the main site, and to search the forums for over a year, but I just broke down and joined.

My question is, is there an easy way to find out who has chicks for sale? What about eggs?

We got our chicks from a feed store last year, and they were great birds, but I want a little more variety this time around.

Thanks!

Gosh! Nevermind. How did I completely miss the for sale section? Sorry.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  2. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

I'm sure there is someone near you that has chicks, and if you have an incubator there are always eggs for sale on here. Check out the auction section on the forum main board. Not many chick on there now, but there will be a bunch in another month or so. Your main problem is going to be deciding what you want to buy since there is such a large selection on here vs what they sell at the hatcheries. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by