Trying to figure out what kind of duck this is... Ideas?

Hellinahelmet

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 23, 2012
Georgia
This duck showed up at my fire station and I ended up taking it in and keeping it with my flock of chickens. We led it back to a pond about fifty-eleven times but it kept coming back and set up camp at the back door. It seems healthy, I just don't know what it is. It gets along great with my 35 chickens and they've lived together well for about a month now. I think it thinks it's a chicken. It keeps trying to roost on things but unfortunately it always falls off. Guess its not built for roosting
wink.png
. Anyway, any help figuring out what breed and maybe even sex would be appreciated! Thanks!

P.S. It's name is Noodles.

That's about what I had figured too. He/She does have a good safe home now though, and is pretty spoiled

another photo

Looks almost buff and cayuga!!! Its got buff markings with the white coloring of a pekin and the cayuga black coloring (not the green ones).
I think you have a buff/pekin/cayuga mix!!! That;s my bet!!! Sucha cute duck!!!!
Enjoy it and thanks for giving it a loving , beautiful home!!

Makes sense.. just a stab in the dark. He/she has a good home nonetheless. Hopefully soon I can figure out what sex it is

Looks to be a mutt of some sort! Very pretty though and if my eyes aren't lying to me it LOOKS like it has a drake feather, so I am going to go with it's a boy, which is sort of bad news if it is, because you will have to more then likely separate him from your hens come next year when breeding season comes around

Back
Top Bottom