Trying to find a place to buy new chicks before spring in Central Oklahoma

Colonel Mike

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 13, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I know that I can buy chicks in the spring at my local Atwoods, but I am trying to get this thing going before then so I can see some results before next Christmas. Does anyone have any idea where I can get them at this time of year? I am also not sure what kind to get. I want eggs and at some time I may even use them in a few recipes that I have, but mainly I am interested in the egg production for the bakery side of my catering business due to the increased price of eggs now and in the future.

A lot of hatcheries are shipping chicks right now. I know that Meyer Hatchery and Ideal Hatchery both have shipping dates available in January. Just check out their websites. Both offer assortments that are all pullets and consist of different breeds so if you can't make up your mind on a specific breed you could get several.

Thanks for the info I will look into both of these places. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

For Meyer at least, you can call them and find out dates available determined on the combination of chicks you want, their website isn't exact.

Hi there. If you wanted something a little more local you could try Country Hatchery in Wewoka. You can pick up chicks and I believe they also ship.

Contact Information
Country Hatchery
P.O. Box 747
Wewoka, OK 74884
Phone: 405.257.1236
FAX: 405-257-9331

Last edited:
There's also Terrapin Station Ranch in Jennings that has some great birds. I will post their phone number if I can find it.

Terrapin Station Ranch in Jennings?? I'm about 20 min from Jennings and used to live in Hallett for a year and never heard of it. I couldn't find any info online. More info please.

Here's their cell. Tasha, 918-697-2697. Lots of healthy hens. Lots of breeds to choose from. Kind people. Location. 99 first street N of 51. I think it's actually W 21st St. go about 3/4 mile. Place on N side of rd. has big metal chicken out from. Not fancy but birds are healthy. Call first as they do landscaping I guess too.

I'm Tausha from Terrapin Station Ranch. The # Chicken slave posted was close, but no cigar. It's 918.691.2697. Give us a call if your needing birds. We've pretty much sold out of pol pairs, but we have lots of juvies and chicks, chicks, chicks...

Back
Top Bottom