Trying to find humidity/temp. gauge - advice pls.

birdlover

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Northern Va.
Hi all,
I went to Walmart today to try and find one as I thought I read on here where people have gotten one there for about $6 - $7? Well, they didn't have any such thing so I've been looking online. Does this one look to be what I need? http://www.petguys.com/-097612300220.html Any suggestions where else I might get one? I'm helping our local school hatch eggs next week and want to be sure everything is going well THIS week while I have it set up at my house. I haven't used my incubator in years and it's just a still air LG.

Last edited:
Thanks, Laska! I just ordered one online. Shipping is $2 + but I figure it's worth it.

Farrier, great score!!! I hope they do the job for us!

For anyone else who can't find one at WalMart, I ordered mine online at WalMart's website and had it shipped - free - to the store for pick-up. It came within a few days. I had several WM employees assist me with looking for one in-store but apparently our WM doesn't carry them.

Quote:
I bought 2 last night for 2 incubators that I'm hatching out (hopefully). I put them both on the coffee table with another thermometer and the humidity read the same on the Springfield units, but the temperature (even after 30 minutes) read with a difference between the 2 Springfield units of 0.7 degrees.

For those who are searching, the package is about 4" x 3". Hangs on a peg. The unit is white. The paper behind the unit is mostly yellow with a bit of blue. At our local Wal-Mart Supercenter, it was in a section about 3' wide with a bunch of other electronic thermometer units. Some large even around 8" x 8".

Don't forget one AAA battery for each unit.

I find my Accurites and Springfield Thermometer/Hygrometers at Wal-mart in the Garden section where all the Outdoor and Indoor Thermometers are kept.

For those who are searching, the package is about 4" x 3". Hangs on a peg. The unit is white. The paper behind the unit is mostly yellow with a bit of blue. At our local Wal-Mart Supercenter, it was in a section about 3' wide with a bunch of other electronic thermometer units. Some large even around 8" x 8"

what section of WM? We checked yesterday in the aquarium & garden section - nothing.​

Here is the exact same gizmo on ebay for $13.95. I just bought two of them at walmart for $6.47 plus tax.
10901_temp_humidity.jpg

I'vegotchickenfever :

what section of WM? We checked yesterday in the aquarium & garden section - nothing.

I was following my huband around, so I can't remember what else was right next to the thermometers. But it was just one aisle off the dog carrier aisle.

It was in the hardware section near the home improvement stuff. The paint stuff is in that section; so is lighting fixtures and cabinet handles. Stuff like that. They weren't in kitchen. They weren't in automotive. They weren't in garden. They weren't in pets. They weren't in bathroom shampoos and lotions. They weren't in bedding. They weren't in office stuff.

Sorry I can't be more definitive.​

Back
Top Bottom