1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Trying to get adjusted!! Moved nesting boxes.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by UrbanChick101, Sep 28, 2010.

1. UrbanChick101

UrbanChick101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2010
    Eastern Iowa
    I have 6 pullets that I have had for 1 month. 4 were born in Feb & 2 were born in March, I am just starting to get 2 eggs per day, up from one every other day, then, one each day. One of my buff orpington's likes to lay her eggs under the poo board, so we decided to move the nest boxes under there, providing more of a private setting. I am hoping with this move more of my little pullets will begin to lay an egg. So far this first dozen eggs has cost about $1200.00 I would like to see that number lower itself, by upping egg production a little bit!!

2. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    I've seen lots of people put poop boards on top of nest boxes. Good luck and [​IMG]

3. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    I gave the price of my first egg, I think it was like 600 and some change. The way a BYC member told me to look at it is that now they are all free. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by