Trying to ID a duck.

Doesn't matter how much a horse weighs. Both the paste and the liquid are the same concentration, both contain 10% fenbendazole, which means there are 100 mg in one ml of the liquid and the paste.

The horse dose is only 0.023 ml per pound, but the chicken & duck dose is ten times that, it's 0.23 mg per pound *and* it's given for five consecutive days.

Doesn't matter how much a horse weighs. Both the paste and the liquid are the same concentration, both contain 10% fenbendazole, which means there are 100 mg in one ml of the liquid and the paste.

The horse dose is only 0.023 ml per pound, but the chicken & duck dose is ten times that, it's 0.23 mg per pound *and* it's given for five consecutive

The horse dose is only 0.023 ml per pound, but the chicken & duck dose is ten times that, it's 0.23 mg per pound *and* it's given for five consecutive days.
Ok, maybe I'm dense. Mg measures weight, ml measures volume of liquid. This doesn't make sense to me to switch in dosing horses vs chickens and ducks. Is this somehow right or a typo?

Try this one.
From info on page 12, it looks like the dose for treating large roundworms or cecal worms should be
1 mg of fenbendazole per kg of bird's body weight, given for 5 days
[which is the same as 0.454 mg of fenbendazole per pound of bird's body weight].
--Side note: 3 kg (6.6 lbs) can be used as a very general weight for a backyard breed hen.

This is also the dose rate specified on the product label itself for Safe-guard Aquasol dewormer for chickens. [Note: Horses are normally dosed at 5 mg of fenbendazole per 1 kg of horse's body weight.]
Safe-guard 10% liquid goat dewormer
has 100 mg of fenbendazole per 1 mL of liquid. (The bottle contains 125 mL total of liquid.] If being precise, you would give 0.01 mL of liquid for each kg of bird's weight each day.
Safe-guard and Panacur 10% paste horse dewormers
each have 100 mg of fenbendazole per 1 gram of paste and the tube contains a 25 grams total of paste. If being precise, for each kg of your bird's weight you would give 1% of 1/25th of the contents of the tube each day.
Safe-guard Aquasol liquid dewormer (for chickens and pigs)
has 200 mg of fenbendazole per 1 mL of liquid. If being precise, you would give 0.005 mL of liquid for each kg of bird's weight each day.
Bottom

I use an herbal wormer so It's hard for me to help much with others.

@casportpony is good at helping with wormers though hopefully, she'll see this tag.

Try this one.
From info on page 12, it looks like the dose for treating large roundworms or cecal worms should be
1 mg of fenbendazole per kg of bird's body weight, given for 5 days
[which is the same as 0.454 mg of fenbendazole per pound of bird's body weight].
--Side note: 3 kg (6.6 lbs) can be used as a very general weight for a backyard breed hen.
This is also the dose rate specified on the product label itself for Safe-guard Aquasol dewormer for chickens. [Note: Horses are normally dosed at 5 mg of fenbendazole per 1 kg of horse's body weight.]
Safe-guard 10% liquid goat dewormer
has 100 mg of fenbendazole per 1 mL of liquid. (The bottle contains 125 mL total of liquid.] If being precise, you would give 0.01 mL of liquid for each kg of bird's weight each day.
Safe-guard and Panacur 10% paste horse dewormers
each have 100 mg of fenbendazole per 1 gram of paste and the tube contains a 25 grams total of paste. If being precise, for each kg of your bird's weight you would give 1% of 1/25th of the contents of the tube each day.
Safe-guard Aquasol liquid dewormer (for chickens and pigs)
has 200 mg of fenbendazole per 1 mL of liquid. If being precise, you would give 0.005 mL of liquid for each kg of bird's weight each day.
Bottom

I use an herbal wormer so It's hard for me to help much with others.

@casportpony is good at helping with wormers though hopefully, she'll see this tag.
Thank you! This makes more sense.

Have you gotten them home yet?
No, we had a snow/ice storm yesterday with high winds. Thought it best to leave them where they were until it passed and the roads clear again. Probably get them tomorrow. I'll post a clean pic when we get to that point.
I was just reading about something called "wet feather". Have you heard of it? Gave me more questions to ask of the current owner.

Back
Top Bottom