Trying to ID a duck.

Pics

HotLips

Chirping
Feb 21, 2023
Resized_20230221_110023.jpeg

These ducks are needing rehomed...and a bath! The owner does not know the breeds as she "inherited" them. I'm trying to ID them. The white one is a male and I assume he is a Pekin...don't know what else he could be. The other is a female and the lady says she is brown with blue on her wing. I've been planning to go see them but we have a storm coming in and we decided it best to wait til after the storm...so she sent this picture. She says the female was laying eggs about 4 a week. She loves being talked to and fussed over. Any thoughts about what breed she is? I've come up with a few possibilities but want to hear from people with more experience than myself.
Now let me say I keep my birds much differently than this. I have chickens in a coup and ducks with their own areas. Floors here are wood shavings and straw. We have a kiddie pool for the ducks when the weather allows. Just brought in more straw today. They are cozy!

KCs are small slim ducks, and (mine at least) don't have the blueish feathers on the wings. They are also a more uniform colour. Kinda dull looking, imo. lol!
I have a khaki drake and he is my smallest duck
Even his daughters are bigger then him but are mixed with a pekin mom
Although she isn’t a huge pekin either she is smaller then her sons that tower over their dad lol

Back
Top Bottom