Trying to identify everyone in my coop! Relatively new to this

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by stephross, Sep 30, 2014.

1. stephross

stephross Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2014
    Cancun,Mexico
    the hen is very tiny and lays smaller eggs than the other chickens,the tiny baby I'm not sure what is could anyone help me? And also identify the rooster! I'm sorry! So many questions but I've had a bit with these unidentified guys! [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I can't tell the breed on the chick. It is hard to tell in young birds, and I suspect that it is a mix.

The hen looks like a possible Old English Game mix. I'm thinking that your rooster is a Delaware or Columbian Rock mix.

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree.

Cute chick!

1 person likes this.
  4. AraucanaAnnie

AraucanaAnnie Chillin' With My Peeps

The chick might be a speckled sussex, but there are so many breeds that look like that as chicks. I have had SS that look like that, so I'm throwing it out as a possibility! I'd say the hen is most likely an old english game cross, but I've also seen Seramas like that. How small is she? And as for the rooster, he looks like most likely a delaware/delaware cross! :)

5. stephross

stephross Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2014
    Cancun,Mexico

Thank you for the info! Seems like he is a a mix and by looking at images theres no denying he looks like both! he was a gift so I know nothing about them,the chick no idea which egg it hatched from could be from a white hen,the one pictured (who lays small eggs) or the Rhode Island red.The hen is small half the size of a Rhode Island Red,maybe smaller! I appreciate the help! Much love from Cancun,Mex

6. AraucanaAnnie

AraucanaAnnie Chillin' With My Peeps

I would say the hen is probably an old english game bantam or an old english game bantam cross then!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by