Trying to live on McDonalds Chicken Nuggets

If this girl attended school for example, the food she ate there would never have included McDonalds Chicken Nuggets

actually, here in the uk it isn't unusual for the children to be allowed to leave school during their lunch break rather than eating in school. When I was in school I just skipped lunch, but quite a few of my friends had chips (our chips = your fries) for lunch every day. Had there been a macdonalds in the village at least some kids would probably have eaten there daily. So I can see how she could just have eaten nuggets.

Poor girl.

many schools in the US allow high school students to leave at lunch as well. Or maybe just skipping lunch since she didn't want to eat what they had.
In some schools in the past, the school system has partnered with restaurants to provide lunch. One school my daughter attended in florida had a contract with Taco Bell. I don't know if any place still does that, but it is a possiblity.

My high school you were not allowed to leave during lunch. We had people who patroled outside to catch us if we skipped with out at pass to leave. But we did have unhealthy things to. Frys were served everyday and also a chicken patty sandwhich along with other choices that changed daily. If our parents paid for our lunch then they could chose what we were allowed to buy like just a school lunch or the extras as well. If you were only allowed a school lunch then you had to use cash to buy any extra. I had friends that lived off the fries everyday...

Nothing wrong with nuggets in the normal amount here in the US. Nuggets in the UK are made from reconstituted meat. Uga...

Nuggets in the US are made with a paste made up of fillers and ground chicken PARTS. Less than 50% chicken. 56% corn. 38 ingredients in all. Google it. Blech!

what is reconstituted MYSTERY MEAT??

I don't know I don't like the nuggets THAT MUCH to try to live on them but the folks much of had sme cash to have her try to live on it unless they lived next door to the McDonalds I don't know where you are but gas is not cheap and to be running to McDonalds everytime to get Mc Nuggtets when ever for her to eat.

THIS CHICK WOULD NOT DO IT either they eat what is infront of them or they don't eat I am not going out to get something I am not making something else for them to eat IF we have left overs I may agree to that but it is not likely.

Rhayden

Quote:
In the US they are made with Chicken, water, salt, sodium phosphates. Battered and breaded with bleached wheat flour, water, wheat flour, modified food starch, salt, spices, wheat gluten, paprika, dextrose (sugar), yeast, garlic powder, rosemary, partially hydrogenated soybean oil and cottonseed oil with mono- and diglycerides, leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda, ammonium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate), natural flavor (plant source) with extractives of paprika. Fried in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane, a silicone derivative[4] is added as an antifoaming agent.[5] McDonald's ingredients can vary outside of the United States.

They use ground white meat chicken in the US. In other country's like the UK thy use reconstituted meat made by grinding up the bones of chickens an extruding it in to a paste.

Even Jamey Oliver when showing it on his food revolution show said nuggets are not made that way in the USA.

Yeah I gotta agree. I am not a picky eater at all. As long as it tastes good. Few exceptions, some things are just so unhealthy I can't bring myself to eat them... Oreos for example. I used to always pack a few mint Oreos in my lunch. One day I read the nutrition out of curiosity.. there's like 80 calories in one. Can practically feel the arteries clogging.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom