Trying to not get too excited, but....I HAVE 3 NEW FLUFFERNUTTERS!

Must Be Losing It

Lost It
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
Uxbridge MA
So last night was a stinky night and on top of that I've been fretting about my eggs that were supposed to hatch and didn't and what happens, I come home from visiting the neighbors to a pip w/ lots of peeps. I'm trying to not get too excited, but I had to tell someone.....

bun.gif

Last edited:
This is great, how late are they?

I had two hatch, nice little chicks. I wanted more but these two are ok. Getting bator set tomorrow for some more (shipped eggs). Beth

That's cool Beth. They're two days late and the one that pipped last night isn't doing anything. I'll watch a bit more, my humidity is fine but I'm back to worrying.

Congrats on your two babies, I agree that two is not enough. That's all I have right now from my first hatch and two is just too small for a flock.

Julie

I'm totally excited. One little chick is gracing my brooder and one is zipping his way along. Totally weird how long it took though, I'm on day 23. From all signs, I should get one more at least out of this hatch.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Julie

So my eggs that didn't hatch on day 21 hatched on day 23 - I have 3 new little ones gracing my sun room right now.

One blackish/grey w/ a brown head - named Florentine

One Partridge - named Sunny

One splash - named Poached

Incubating/hatching is stressful but way worth it.

Thanks everyone for your words of wisdom in 1. telling me to wait patiently and 2. to sit on my hands.

Julie

Back
Top Bottom