Trying to understand Kane (GSD)

Quote:
You're trying to kill me right??? Two dogs, four cats and a tiny house. Not to mention a DH that makes more messes, faster, than all the dogs and cats combined.

Interesting perspectives y'all, thank you.

The solution is obvious! Get the cute lil sable girl and make the husband sleep outside!

I love that idea!
wink.png

Gritty - I have 5 dogs and three cats in my little home. Of course 4 of my dogs = one Kane... Sweetie on the other hand weighs around 100 pounds.

Kane is obviously very smart. He knows how to do what needs to be done. I think they just have different kinds of intelligence. Humans have around 7 kinds of intelligences (might be more now).

It is just a matter of figuring out what kind of learner they are.

Kane sounds more confident and secure in who he is, as well as calmer. Jax sounds less secure and more needy, trying to please, as well as more hyper. They just sound like they have different temperaments, rather than different levels of intelligence.

Jax might be easier to work with when training, since he's so easily motivated. If you wanted them to do a job on their own, like guarding, I think Kane would be confident and a good independent thinker. I think Jax might be more stressed on his own. Jax would probably do better paired with a person or even another dog.

That's what I'm getting from what you wrote, at least.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Neither dog will do anything without the other, even though as pups we tried hard to work with them seperately.

If you try to take one dog outside without the other you won't get very far. They just sit right down, facing the door waiting on their sibling. When outside together they work as a team. During their late night, last checks of the yard Jax patrols the entire yards fenceline; Kane does his circuit of patroling close to the house.

Back
Top Bottom