TRYING VERY HARD TO SAVE AUNT BEA - Very Sick With Roundworms? Ivermectin, penicillin, banamine Now

Great banamine chart!
I have seen only one roundworm pass so far. Dk olive green cast to droppings and a few have texture as if she ate hay. She is pooping.
I know how to give SQ and IM injections. I would love to know how to give fluids SQ. I have hand fed swallows with an eye dropper but that's it.
Do you think I should administer safeguard even though she's weak? Should I get some Red Cell for anemia?

I prepare my heart for the worst. I have Acepromazine. What would be the dosage IM?
Again, thank you for your guidance Kathy. It means a lot to me.

Great banamine chart!
I have seen only one roundworm pass so far. Dk olive green cast to droppings and a few have texture as if she ate hay. She is pooping.
I know how to give SQ and IM injections. I would love to know how to give fluids SQ. I have hand fed swallows with an eye dropper but that's it.
Do you think I should administer safeguard even though she's weak? Should I get some Red Cell for anemia?

I prepare my heart for the worst. I have Acepromazine. What would be the dosage IM?
Again, thank you for your guidance Kathy. It means a lot to me.

I don't think you should give any meds until you get her warm and hydrated. Can she hold her head up?

-Kathy

If she were mine I would have her in a warm room or cage and once she was properly warm I would tube warmed Pedialyte at 15ml per pound then again in 60-90 minutes if her crop had cleared. Hopefully that will perk her up.

-Kathy

Ok. She can for short periods. With stimulation she has no problem. When resting her head drops. There is some tail twitching as if trying to poop but no poop.

I looked up the solution you have, and I think it would be fine, but only if you can figure out how to dose it correctly. I use Pedialyte or sometimes Gatorade.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom