TSC Assorted Bantams: Help me ID them please!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Andora, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I am so excited to finally get bantam chicks! I have 22 big chickens, but I've never done bantams before. We built them their own little pen and everything. [​IMG]

My TSC gets their chicks from Mt. Healthy. I restrained myself to just 11 of them. Here are the different types:

A)These are Silkies, and I think they are white ones. (Squee!!!) I got four of them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

B)This one is brown with one black dot on the top of the head. I only have one of this one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

C)This one looks like my sex link chicks did, only its teeny tiny. Only got one of this one too. It was the only black chicken in the bin.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

D)This one is all white, it was the only all white one in the bin besides the Silkies.
    [​IMG]

E)I have two of these chipmunk ones. (They are not EE's, no muffs/beards and no green legs.)
    [​IMG]

F)And finally I have two of these, their colors are kind of muddled together. (Golden Sebright?)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Everything besides the silkies looks like OEGBs to me! They come in a ton of different colors. Great birds. The coloring on the last one looks like that of a golden sebright, but the body reminds me more of an OEGB so it could go either way. The chipmunk ones are likely BB red.

3. petunias212

petunias212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    what's an oegb?? and a bb red?? newbie here...

I just picked up 6 assorted bantams but two have feathery feet...my luck they're all males...

[​IMG]

4. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Quote:An OEGB is an old english game bantam, and BB red means black breasted red (it's a color).

Good luck with your new chicks!

5. hookedonpigeons

hookedonpigeons Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Rural Hall, NC
    The first two look like splash silkies and e looks like production red males.

6. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Chick labeled F looks like a Golden Sebright.

7. Andora

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I looked up Golden Sebright and I think you're right about chick F. Yay, those are pretty! I hope both are pullets since my complaining neighbors won't let me keep roosters anymore.

8. Andora

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
  9. petunias212

petunias212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Anyone know what this little guy or gal is? it's color is greyish with a ball of puff on his forehead it seems...black feathered feet...I got it from TSC's assorted bantam's

[​IMG]

10. devin0

devin0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Fogo Island, NL
    Quote:It's definitely a silkie. But the color I'm not sure of, grey maybe?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by