TSC Augusta, Maine-Sunday August 1st!!!

Quote:
The silkies are soooo sweet it is very easy to spoil them
big_smile.png

Do you guys want to set up a Sunday in September too? Can check dates with Leslie and see what's booked have to go get grain at some point in the next couple of days anyway
smile.png
Will work it around the fairs so we can come too. Sarah had a really good day and she loves to talk to people.

Plus there was a Reporter from the KJ there, taking pictures and asking questions. Did he talk with anyone else?

Quote:
Cindy, let me know if you spot it I don't get the paper everyday and he took some great pictures of your little one holding chicks
smile.png

Quote:
i talked with him for about 15 minutes about production of laying hens

Great!!! That would be cool for it to be in the paper!!

I'm not planning on going to either. Farmington is a bit too far for me. Not that Augusta isn't a haul either
smile.png
. And I really don't need to add anything else to my flock. At least I keep telling myself that
smile.png

Quote:
Good to see you
smile.png
The runners are really cool ducks. Maybe next year when we get the Duck area set, she wants to add some colored ones. Are you coming to the one on the 14th or the basket show in Farmington?

I don't blame you on reinforcing everything. We are still going through the barn before moving the young guys out and double checking everything before they go out.

I came home with 2 Showgirls and a buff Silkie. I told myself no more bantams! The little black showgirl thinks the older one is its mother, and has been sleeping either under or on top of it at night.
Poultry run, I forgot to ask you, how old were the silkies/showgirls?
Also, I'm not sure who my mom bought the black showgirl from, the one that was the last in the pen. Whoever that was do you know the age?

The personalities are so funny. The little one is just like "Hey, whats this? Who are you? Oh a bug! Are you my mom? Woah! That chicken is big!" The other one is just kind of clueless to anything going on, and the 3rd is just like "Don't eat me, dont eat me, dont eat me..."

We are still hoping for a few standard laying hens before the summer ends, if anyone has any. We really want some Turkens!

There was a photo in the KJ on the 1st page (front or local, I forget) of a girl kissing a 3 day old bantam chick. No story, just the caption.

Back
Top Bottom