TSC bantam assortment, what do we have here?

torilovessmiles

Songster
5 Years
Sep 19, 2014
Central West Virginia
We got some adorable bantams (two need some special care. I couldn't help myself) from TSC and I would love to figure out what they are!

I am pretty sure these two are silkies. They have six toes instead of five, and the one had curled toes, which is why it has a homemade brace.

This little guy got its beak pecked at the store, but it's doing okay with the few I have. Clean legs. EOGB? EE bantam? It's the smallest of the six.

Two pics, same chick. Clean brown legs. Dark brown body, red head, dark brownish red beak. No Idea what this one is.

Clean legs, whitish yellow down, grey spots. No idea

Thanks!!! :)

The dark chicks have the typical quail coloration. Do they have muffs and a rose comb? If so my guess is d'anver.

A single comb and no muff, you probably lucked into OECB. Ours are great little companions who don't think they are chickens.

I'm not brave enough to offer suggestions on the white/Greg chicks, but silkie all the way on the first chicks.

You may be right right about the silkies on top, I have heard of 6 toed mutations with silkies but I think there are other breeds with five toes that has that mutation more often. Like OR4-hmom said you probably did score yourself an old english game bantam (those bantams are common enough to make itself in an bantam assortment)

I'm not positive on the other two since they don't really have many features that stand out. If you were to post pictures of these again in a couple more weeks opinions might change or someone might be able to help you discover what it is.

Thanks for your guesses! My little chipmunk patterned one isn't doing too well, though. I gave it some electrolytes and it's perked up a bit so it may have a chance.
I am 100% sure they are silkies now. I looked at them and they have very black skin! Yay! We were hoping for silkies!
I'm not completely sure what kind of comb they have, but they don't look like single combs, except the little striped one which isn't doing well. It looks like a single comb.

Could the spotted ones be silver laced sebright bantams? They have begun to get wing feathers and they are laced with black, only on the edges. Is that something that could be in an assortment?

We got some adorable bantams (two need some special care. I couldn't help myself) from TSC and I would love to figure out what they are!
These two are probably White Silkies. Extra toes and other foot mutations are not uncommon with Silkies and other five toed breeds.

I am pretty sure these two are silkies. They have six toes instead of five, and the one had curled toes, which is why it has a homemade brace.

Might be an OEGB, but I'm not sure.

This little guy got its beak pecked at the store, but it's doing okay with the few I have. Clean legs. EOGB? EE bantam? It's the smallest of the six.

Two pics, same chick. Clean brown legs. Dark brown body, red head, dark brownish red beak. No Idea what this one is. I'm leaning towards it being a Quail D'Anvers.

Not sure, maybe Silver Sebrights.

Clean legs, whitish yellow down, grey spots. No idea

Thanks!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom