A trip to TSC ended with 8 new chicks! I should know not to go in that place in the spring it was a buy 6 get 2 free. I think there's a couple silkies but the rest are mostly big question marks to me. What breeds do you think they are?
I see one definite Silkie, a Buff. Are you thinking the light blue chick is a Silkie as well? A shot of the face would be very helpful if you could get one, I'm not so sure.
1st chick is a Porcelain d'Uccle, 2nd could either be a Golden or Silver Duckwing OEGB, 3rd has me thinking Black OEGB (provided it has a single comb), 4th is a Buff Silkie, 5th is a Cochin, possibly Columbian, kiiiiinda leaning toward Red Pyle OEGB on 6th, not sure on 7th, and 8th could also either be a Gold or Silver Duckwing OEGB. Time will tell for sure on all of them, though. Cutie pies, gotta LOVE the bantam bins!
The bantam's are around three months old now. The total is now nineteen, thanks to a trip back to TSC a few days after getting the original 8. Now that all of them are fully feathered out I figured I should see what breeds I got.
1) I call this one pancake, I believe he is male and he is the sweetest roo in the bunch.
2) This is Blu. Hen. Loves getting on my shoulder.
3) Unnamed silkie rooster. Im pretty sure on the gender. He he likes to bite my finger.
4) Unnamed rooster. Red Pyle possibly.
5) Unnamed also. Roo.
6) This is one of chipmunk looking chicks. Rooster.
7) Unnamed hen. Female to number 5 possibly.
8) Porcelain d'Uccle hen.
9) Hen. Also a chipmunk chicken like 6.
10) Roo. Same as 6 and 9
11) Hen. Like 6,9 and 10
12 ) hen.
13) Hen. Like 6,9,10 and 11
16) Hen. She's quite skittish
17) This is one of the roosters I'm definitely keeping.
18) Porcelain d'Uccle like 8.
I would like to know what you think about the genders as well as the breeds now that they're all feathered out.