TSC bantam bin identification

That is strange. When cockerels are trying to crow, they actually make a crowing noise, which sounds horrible, very high-pitched and screeching, but it is still their practice on crowing. Are you sure he is not gasping for air instead? Silence coming out is not normal.
I was not aware of that, I've been watching him closely as they are setup in my house still and ive been really excited to hear the crow. He's been eating and drinking normal, running around with the rest and starts peeping when I hold him or try to pick any of them up. As far as I can tell he has no signs of being in distress. I've seen him make the motion to crow only a few times but I have not heard a noise with it?

I was not aware of that, I've been watching him closely as they are setup in my house still and ive been really excited to hear the crow. He's been eating and drinking normal, running around with the rest and starts peeping when I hold him or try to pick any of them up. As far as I can tell he has no signs of being in distress. I've seen him make the motion to crow only a few times but I have not heard a noise with it?
Can you get a video or picture of it? If you cannot send a video, then multiple pictures would be good or multiple screenshots taken out of the video. Crowing is more like throwing the head back slightly, then as they are crowing, lowering the head back down while the chest is slightly puffed out. Then their posture goes back to normal until they crow again. Gasping for air is reaching the neck out, opening the mouth wide and tipping their head down then back up again as they breathe in.

Can you get a video or picture of it? If you cannot send a video, then multiple pictures would be good or multiple screenshots taken out of the video. Crowing is more like throwing the head back slightly, then as they are crowing, lowering the head back down while the chest is slightly puffed out. Then their posture goes back to normal until they crow again. Gasping for air is reaching the neck out, opening the mouth wide and tipping their head down then back up again as they breathe in.
I'll try and get a video of him today if possible, I've been watching him for a bit but they're just interested in eating right now. I'm hoping maybe I missed the noise and there's nothing wrong with him :/

I'll try and get a video of him today if possible, I've been watching him for a bit but they're just interested in eating right now. I'm hoping maybe I missed the noise and there's nothing wrong with him :/
Is he a big eater? I have a rooster who gobbles up food so fast that he starts choking and gasps for air . . .

Is it possible one is just a booted bantam? Only one has the fluffy cheeks and that's my little rooster. He's been trying to crow but only silence comes out 😆
He was my assorted tractor supply bantam, he is a milli

Attachments

• 61CAADFC-62D5-42C8-A568-EE882CF7CC60.jpeg
    61CAADFC-62D5-42C8-A568-EE882CF7CC60.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 6
I have not. I've been watching but he hasn't done it again, at least not while I'm around.
Maybe he has stopped doing it, hopefully he has because opening the mouth and extending their neck with no sound coming out is gasping. Usually chickens only gasp for more air when they have something wrong with their crop, or some food stuck that they can't get out. Were there any strange pieces of anything not edible that he could have swallowed?

Oh, and can I get a picture of him anyways? I want to see if he is actually a cockerel or if the chicken is a pullet.

Maybe he has stopped doing it, hopefully he has because opening the mouth and extending their neck with no sound coming out is gasping. Usually chickens only gasp for more air when they have something wrong with their crop, or some food stuck that they can't get out. Were there any strange pieces of anything not edible that he could have swallowed?

Oh, and can I get a picture of him anyways? I want to see if he is actually a cockerel or if the chicken is a pullet.
I never realized that so I appreciate you bringing that to my attention! All there was was the bedding and chick crumbles and water.
20240404_153916.jpg
20240404_153830.jpg

Back
Top Bottom