TSC bantam bin identification

Tail feathers aren’t a very good indicator on sex. I would say that this one is a male as well because of the wattle growth and color.
Good to know! I wasn't sure if it'd be different with bantams, I've always wanted a roo but wasn't expecting to get 2-3 of them, and i wasnt planning on them being little guys either😅 but I suppose that's how it goes

Good to know! I wasn't sure if it'd be different with bantams, I've always wanted a roo but wasn't expecting to get 2-3 of them, and i wasnt planning on them being little guys either😅 but I suppose that's how it goes
Just popping in to leave a note, but here is a fun fact: Sebrights are hen-feathered, which is a mutation that only about two breeds have where the males will not have any male-specific feather shape. This means the males do not have pointed feathers and do not develop sickles!

Just popping in to leave a note, but here is a fun fact: Sebrights are hen-feathered, which is a mutation that only about two breeds have where the males will not have any male-specific feather shape. This means the males do not have pointed feathers and do not develop sickles!
That is a fun fact! I'm glad the comb gave him away early or I'd be going crazy trying to figure them out haha

Last edited:
But its very easy to tell the males from the females .... the combs get so red and big very early compared to most others. Thats exactly what happene

But its very easy to tell the males from the females .... the combs get so red and big very early compared to most others. 🥰
That's exactly what happened, seemed like it appeared overnight!

He's been trying to crow but only silence comes out 😆
That is strange. When cockerels are trying to crow, they actually make a crowing noise, which sounds horrible, very high-pitched and screeching, but it is still their practice on crowing. Are you sure he is not gasping for air instead? Silence coming out is not normal.

Back
Top Bottom