TSC Bantam Driving Me Crazy

I have this theory that The tractor supply has mostly bantam roosters. I had two a few years ago from the tractor supply. The nice one was culled due to Mareks, and the other was butcher for being a butthead. He was very fast and had ADD.

I now am more familiar with dealing with adolescent roosters. Most will grow out of bad behaviors. I will pen mine up for a few months during the worse of it and most turn into good roosters. Apparently teenage boys of any species are trouble.

LOL I've heard that too:) I think they just take all the pullets out for the pullet bins and slap a "straight run" sticker on the rest. You have like an 85% chance of getting a pullet from the pullet bin and a 90% chance of getting a rooster from the straight run bin.

So I got this little guy from the bantam bin at Tractor Supply. They had a silkie in there and I needed one more to make a half dozen (you can't buy less than 6) so I asked the girl to grab another bantam, just so my silkie would have a little buddy. Silkie didn't make it, TSC said they lost most of that batch but this little guy/girl is still going strong. I just can't figure out what she is. Does anybody have any ideas as to breed? I thought Cochin at first but I've never had those and from what I've seen online it looks like they have feathered legs right from the start.
Silver Sebrights they are a gorgeous bird this is my rescue Panda he is super sweet and funny

Attachments

• 20200731_171615.jpg
    20200731_171615.jpg
    839.1 KB · Views: 3
LOL I've heard that too:) I think they just take all the pullets out for the pullet bins and slap a "straight run" sticker on the rest. You have like an 85% chance of getting a pullet from the pullet bin and a 90% chance of getting a rooster from the straight run bin.
They do this. When I got chicks from tractor supply last year the employee told me that straight run was chicks that were confirmed male or ones that they weren't sure. A confirmed genes went into the pullet bin. Now, it can be different everywhere but that's what they said happens at my tractor supply.

Back
Top Bottom