TSC Bin - Brown Leghorn Pullets

Robert G

Songster
5 Years
Jan 23, 2018
South Texas
So, I went to see if TSC has some chicks to give to my broody hen, and there was a bin labeled brown leghorn pullets. All the other bins were straight run so didn't want to risk getting a rooster even though I know that the pullet bin isn't 100% either. Told the employee of course I wanted to minimum which is 4. He got them and placed them in the box. When I got home, I noticed 2 of them looked slightly different. They just turned a month and of course the 2 aren't brown leghorns and was wondering if someone had an idea on what they could be.
This first one look to be an Easter Egger??
green.jpg
This second one has red feathers, so no clue and is much smaller than the other 3.
red.jpg
Since the other 2 are brown leghorns, I assume that's why they're combs are already getting large?? Appreciate everyone's replies. Thanks!

Brown leghorn males do get large combs very early but females don't really get big combs till close to laying age.
Brown leghorns do feather out in different patterns depending on sex. At 4 weeks watch the chest area. Pullets will feather in with a mostly salmon red color breast while males will have a mostly black breast.

Brown leghorn males do get large combs very early but females don't really get big combs till close to laying age.
Brown leghorns do feather out in different patterns depending on sex. At 4 weeks watch the chest area. Pullets will feather in with a mostly salmon red color breast while males will have a mostly black breast.

They better be pullets. LOL.

Well today I checked their chest and saw this.....
20190916_212246.jpg
20190916_212359.jpg
Black chests..... Dam you TSC.

Back
Top Bottom