TSC Chick Days Are STARTING NEXT WEEK!!!!!

Okay here are my two brooders ...

Showgirls and Production Pullets from TSC, spending some time outside to play
(although the one production pullet looks like a roo...what do you think?)

@nd Brooder is TSC bantam mix (silkies, frizzles, sablepoot, d'uccle and a few that I am not sure of):

The tsc near me has been getting several breeds,from partridge rocks to golden lace wyandottes and selling some chicks for 1.50ea and ducks for .99 cents.Every time I go in there I come out with more chicks have two brooders full now plus the Icelandic chicks that just hatched a few days ago...

I wouldn't be able to go in anymore
lol.png

They got bantams in today. The bottom one looks like an aracauna Went there straight after work and only 6 left. I was so lucky. Any help as to what they may be... 1 looks like my red (earlier posted and identified as a Booted) 4 are like this one (with feathered legs)... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- and the last one (about the same size as a golf ball and NO feather on legs)...

Here in Western Maine, our TSC got their chicks in Wednesday.....I went to check them out but the Buff Orpingtons were straight run, and the pullets were all grouped together as 'Red Pullets' meaning they could be 1 of 4 different breeds. I am planning on getting 6 different breeds, all different colored pullets so I will not be getting my chicks here. I have since ordered mine from our local hardware store, Aubachon Hardware.......seeing the chicks at TSC was great! lol So adorable!

I have had some really good luck with TSC chicks! Other than the fact that most of the employees don't have a clue, I'm happy with their business. Last year was our first year buying from TSC, so we played it safe and got 4 red sexlinks and 2 barred rocks (turned out to be roosters, which I am okay with). The towns on each side of us have a TSC, so we have two to choose from, which is nice. We ended up getting 2 light brown leghorn pullets, 1 red sexlink (we asked for a white leghorn but the guy went to the wrong bin and I didn't realize it until we got home - but the chick is sweet so we kept her), 1 silver sebright bantam, 1 golden sebright bantam, 1 OEGB, 6 Ameracaunas, and 3 speckled sussex. All super healthy! Considering most of the time they only have cornish and "red pullets" and whatnot, we're pretty happy.

Back
Top Bottom