TSC Chick Days Are STARTING NEXT WEEK!!!!!

We have 4 TSC's to choose from. I make excuses to make my hubby go in so I can look and see which store has which chicks that week. So far, my devious plan is working. I somehow managed to resist getting 6 bantams. They're so adorable! My 6-10 chicks turned into 16.
hu.gif
("They followed me home" is a poor excucse.) I've purchased from 2 different stores. I got 5 Barred Rocks and 5 Speckled Sussex from one store, 2 "red pullets" with 4 EEs from another. Everyone's happy and healthy. The only thing is I swear up and down one of my Barred Rocks is a roo. I think I might have 2 sussex roo's. No idea with the EE's. I give on those. I wish they'd hurry though, I'm running out of excuses to go to TSC.
gig.gif
The SS and EE were of course straight run.

I've got 2 roos out of 10 TSC chicks, so far. One was sold as a pullet, one was straight run. They're 4 and 5 weeks old, so likely a few more will pop up. That's the risk of buying them from TSC LOL

I plan on keeping at least one of the roo's. Maybe 2 since they're all brooding together. Depends on how many actually turn out to be pullets and how much practice the kids have on Daddy with the "puppy dog" eyes. He can't resist those.

I've got 2 roos out of 10 TSC chicks, so far. One was sold as a pullet, one was straight run. They're 4 and 5 weeks old, so likely a few more will pop up. That's the risk of buying them from TSC LOL I think it's worth the risk especially for the price,i wouldn't be able to buy half of what I have with the cost of shipping prices.

Funny, I was saying the same to my fiance this morning.

At $1.99 and $2.99 each, I could buy 5 chicks vs. 1 shipped chick.

I think I may have some more roos popping up, but that may be my imagination. I've got ONE confirmed hen. There's no way she's a rooster. The rest is a bit of a toss-up
lol.png
I see combs and wattles sprouting everywhere.. it's only a matter of time.

Exactly and half the time you get subpar chicks,at least you can pick your own out.Also I'm having the same problem with my speckled Sussex and brown leghorns,I can't tell them apart yet or if roo's or not.

Exactly and half the time you get subpar chicks,at least you can pick your own out.Also I'm having the same problem with my speckled Sussex and brown leghorns,I can't tell them apart yet or if roo's or not.

The Leghorns have yellow legs, Sussex have pink.

Back
Top Bottom