TSC Chick ID please :)

BrahmaMama

Songster
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
South Dakota
So..I couldn't wait until April 18th, when my huge order is coming in...these little guys came home with me:

I have 2 of these-pretty sure they are white Silkies:
TSCChicksMarch5th2011009.jpg

TSCChicksMarch5th2011010.jpg

One of these-in the pullet bin:
TSCChicksMarch5th2011009.jpg

One of these-in the bantam bin:
TSCChicksMarch5th2011008.jpg

TSCChicksMarch5th2011007.jpg

One of these-in the bantam bin:
TSCChicksMarch5th2011005.jpg

TSCChicksMarch5th2011006.jpg

Three of these-in the pullet bin:
TSCChicksMarch5th2011001.jpg

TSCChicksMarch5th2011002.jpg

#1 is a silkie
#3 is a cochin

#2 might be a game bantam of some sort... hard to tell. Alot of breeds are chipmunked
#4 is also hard to narrow down just yet. But if you got it in the pullets it's probrably a black star or some black hybrid.

Thank you tnchickenut
smile.png
I was wondering about the one being a cochin. Looks like I messed up and put a third pic of one of the silkies, I have another just yellow chick from the pullet bin-they had a pic of barred rocks, a "red" of some sort, and then what I think was a leghorn...thinking that's probably what that one is. I was hoping the little chipmunk one would be unique, but if that's a common color/markings, I'm out of luck lol!

Quote:
No no... you are not out of luck. I got a TSC JUST like it last year... took me 10 months or so to ID it. Looked just like it. It was a OEGB. Or I think so at least.... on of my favorite oddball bantams. Matter of fact, I had two... hawk or owl got one and I don't cry about nature doing what it has to to survive like some people do.... but I boo hooed for that hen. So I still have the one, though. I'd take a photo for you really quick but we got flooded and to be honest... it's in 3 inches of mud. (I got pallets down for the birds but still not fun for me to be in)

I meant that alot of chicks are painted like that... I got three myself from my TSC because the of the mystery of the chipmunked chicks. lol. Sounds like a pre-teen novel. LOL!!

I may have a photo.... I'll PM you.

Yep, White Silkies in that lot LOL! Bearded kind.

Chipmunk colored chick: probably OE bantam, Partridge Rock bantam (depends on the hatchery they got them from)

Black feathered legged chick: look alot like a Black Cochin

Black penguin chick: Black Australorps, that's for sure. Make sure it has brown eyes instead of yellow or silver on other breeds because sometimes they can be mistaken for Black Minorcas if it has white earlobes.

Thank you ladies
smile.png
Whatever they are, they are sure fun to watch. I have them in my living room right now (did I just admit that?) normally we have them down in the basement, but with two dogs in the house, I can monitor them much closer. If the black ones are Australorps, that's cool, since I've never had them, and did not have them on my upcoming order-excited to see how they turn out
big_smile.png

I think it is a D'Uccle, it looked like mine last year from TSC
51814_dsc01105_015.jpg

Charlie and Peony have feathered feet do yours?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom