TSC chick prices

Quote:
im in texas northeast texas tobe exact.ill end up getting them from TSC since i dont want 25.looks like ill end up with RIRs.

My daughters are in 4H, last year we did rabbits. And I decided to get some chickens just for eggs at home. I have 4 rir hens, 2 black giant something hens, and 1 bard rock rooster... were learning alot as we go.

Anyhow this year my daugher wants to take chickens I was thinking of broilers and some sort of fancy. I called our local farm store and they can order anything but it all comes by 15. Wow I really dont want 15 fancy and 15 broilers. We have a few extra rabbit cages to use for chickens but I dont have that many rabbit cages to give up to chickens.

If anyone can offer ideas on what kind of fancy to get or where to get them. I know Ive seen on here that sometimes people list them for sale on the forum. We're in NW Ohio.

I don't have a TSC.. I have a "Big R".. Anyway, RIR pullets $2.99

But their stock didn't come from MM, Cackle, Ideal, or any of the "big" breeders. It came from one I never heard of before (I cheated and saw the shipping box) Dunlap Hatchery out of southern Idaho.

Those little yellow ducks were Peking ducks (which will look like those white Aflack ducks when grown) . Our TSC had Peking, Malard & Khaki Campbell ducks. We got 4 Khaki Campbells and 2 Mallards. They had BO, RIR and assorted bantys as chicks. The ducks were $3.99 and I think the chicks were $1.59 bantys and $1.89 for the others.
I passed on the chickies because they didn't have any EE's. Another co-op here is getting EE's next week so I will get more of those then.

Jayare

Back
Top Bottom