TSC Chicks

alogue5173

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 11, 2012
Harrison, Georgia
Just bought 8 chicks from Tractor Supply out of the mixed pullet bin because they had them for 1/2 price. The sign was a generic one that listed what breeds "could" be included....however everyone of the chicks were lil yellow chicks that are starting to get white feathers. Has anybody else bought these? Any idea what they are? White Leghorn? White Plymouth Rock? Rhode Island White???? Any guesses??????

The same labelled ones here in MS at our local TSC are beginning to look a lot like the Leghorns my grandfather used to keep. But yes it will be a while before you really know.

Are you sure you all the possibilities in the bin were layers? All the TSC stores in my area (TN) have Cornish Rocks, which are yellow chicks that turn white.

I was told the TSCs in my area get chicks from Mt Healthy. May be the same for GA.

I asked about yellow chicks at our local TSC and they said they were Amber Sexlinks. From what I have researched, they grow up to have white with red tipped feathers and are good layers. They were very cute!!

A great way to help identify chicks is to look at actual photos on feathersite and Cackle hatchery. Both sites have chick pics, and I've been able to ID many mystery chicks this way. Cackle even has videos.

My TSC chicks. Got them last weekend. Got 3 rhode island hens, 1 black giant or sexlink hen, and 3 staright run black giants. The black pullet is my favorite.

Sunday 2/17/13

Tonight- My favorite is up front. Do the stripes here mean she'll be barred? I so want a barred hen. Do I need to get one that's a barred breed? They were always my favorites of the ones we had when I was a kid.

Peek a boo

My TSC chicks. Got them last weekend. Got 3 rhode island hens, 1 black giant or sexlink hen, and 3 staright run black giants. The black pullet is my favorite.

Sunday 2/17/13

Tonight- My favorite is up front. Do the stripes here mean she'll be barred? I so want a barred hen. Do I need to get one that's a barred breed? They were always my favorites of the ones we had when I was a kid.

Peek a boo

The one with the spot on its head looks like a Barred Rock to me. But i could be wrong.

Just bought 8 chicks from Tractor Supply out of the mixed pullet bin because they had them for 1/2 price. The sign was a generic one that listed what breeds "could" be included....however everyone of the chicks were lil yellow chicks that are starting to get white feathers. Has anybody else bought these? Any idea what they are? White Leghorn? White Plymouth Rock? Rhode Island White???? Any guesses??????

Post some pics please lol i want to see some chickies!

Back
Top Bottom