TSC is giving me a headache!

They have a few more I want too, but they will make me buy 6 more. I think a breeder is in the near future for me since I want 2 polish frizzle not 6. I heard if you go to the store you bought at they won't make you buy 6 more, but I somehow feel TSC will get me again lol and I'll get suckered in.

Buying 6 at a time is to make sure our customers are buying them for agricultural purposes n not for pets. You would be surprised how many ridiculous requests we get in the stores of why customers want them. I'm a store manager and even I buy them 6 at a time. It also helps me not just buy on a whim. But I promise yall not all TSC stores don't know what they are talkin about. I have 3 manager in my store myself included that are pretty knowledgeable about the chickens. The rest of my team isn't but they are not required to be. Every member brings different cards to the table for knowledge throughout the store.

They actually look a lot like my red rangers, especially with the wing coloring and dots on the head of one but not all. I've seen that some locations have been getting rangers.

And definitely not all stores are like that. I picked up a Welsummer pullet (well, they came straight run but welsummers are easy enough to guess by the markings) and six Cornish Xs just today, and my store also had a separated bin of Leghorns and RIRs. They are really good about keeping chicks separated and have knowledgeable staff.

They look like a production bird. Either rir, nhr, sex link. The markings on the head can sometimes be used to tell gender. I have 2 nhr birds from them that are 2 weeks and are much darker but I think its odd that they are so dark lol, I would expect them to be sex link if they promised female egg layers.

My husband and I have stopped buying from TSC for this very reason. Two years ago, we bought "black sex links" and got a Blue Andalusian (who we loved, but still - totally wrong). The next year, we got the featured breed - mottled javas -- and over half of them ended up being Anconas. That's on top of the "sexlink pullet" that ended up being a roo.

Last week, we were in our local store and the sign said they were "Production Red pullets" and they were pretty clearly Cornish X chicks. At all of the TSC stores we've been to, the vast majority of staff doesn't know and doesn't care what they have. :( Like Cuttinhorse23, I know there are exceptions, but there are enough clueless people to mess it up for those of us who care what we are getting.

I know not all of them are that bad because the two that I have been to that know their stuff are the ones that are always sold out. It is hard being a first time buyer and having to go through such a mess. I did all my research too before I went in and it did not help at all when walking into TSC. Either way I will still shop there, but not for chicks. My dogs like walking in TSC with me, which might be the reason I like them even though this happened. Stores that do not allow dogs, are ones that I do not shop at.

Quote: the TSC in my area does exactly that I'm sure they have a few bins of specific breeds, usually something like a leghorn variety that is named, same with a meat chicken they have a named breed but out of like 8-10 bins only 3-4 are labeled a certain breed the rest are listed something to the effect of red pullets or some such, but in a way I wonder if they don't list a generic label because in part if they listed them as what the hatchery says they are like Americana but are actually easter eggers they don't want a lot of grief from people getting the wrong breed in addition of getting a discount on leftover pullets....

i got some from tsc that were suppose to be production reds but turned out to be red sexlink,they looked a lot like yours when they were that little.they turned out really pretty and friendly.

Back
Top Bottom