TSC mixed Bantams

RodNTN

Hatchaolic
6 Years
May 22, 2013
The Volunteer State
My Coop
My Coop
Hi! We picked 4 Bantam chicks up from TSC a couple of hours ago, out of the Bantam bin. One had pasty butt (taken care of ;)). I'll post some pics in a little bit, just wanted to know what breeds TSC generally sells.

I thought for sure that these two chicks we picked out were Silkies, but I am really starting to think that they're not. They looked just like Buff Silkies, and they have feathered legs. But up close I noticed that their skin isn't black.

So, my question is- what breeds does TSC generally sell? Thanks in advance! :)

Caliber

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2017
They might be Cochins with the feathered legs. Silkies have a unique feather pattern growth as chicks that will distinguish them from smooth feathered breeds. Here's what my silkie chicks looked like :)
IMG_3183.jpg

MinervaELS

Songster
Oct 8, 2017
The one near me has sebrights and OEGs, but they can also have silkies and cochins and whatever else the hatchery tosses in there. Pictures would help.

I got a handful of silver duckwing OEGBs at mine. I wish I had known the trick to sexing them when I picked them out, though. I only have two pullets. :rolleyes:

21hens-incharge

Nuttier than a squirrels stash
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Mar 9, 2014
Northern Colorado
The one near me has sebrights and OEGs, but they can also have silkies and cochins and whatever else the hatchery tosses in there. Pictures would help.

I got a handful of silver duckwing OEGBs at mine. I wish I had known the trick to sexing them when I picked them out, though. I only have two pullets. :rolleyes:

I must now research this trick you speak of.......

I want some but am not allowed a rooster.......

AnneInTheBurbs

Crowing
6 Years
Sep 8, 2013
Bucks County, Pa
Hi! We picked 4 Bantam chicks up from TSC a couple of hours ago, out of the Bantam bin. One had pasty butt (taken care of ;)). I'll post some pics in a little bit, just wanted to know what breeds TSC generally sells.

I thought for sure that these two chicks we picked out were Silkies, but I am really starting to think that they're not. They looked just like Buff Silkies, and they have feathered legs. But up close I noticed that their skin isn't black.

So, my question is- what breeds does TSC generally sell? Thanks in advance! :)

I got some recently too, looking for Silkies. I only got one, and the other three were a mystery. After posting here, I have discovered that mine are Porcelain D’Uccles. I was very happy with this. I will post pics below of my chick.

Cochins, D’Uccles, OEGB at mine

D’Uccles and Silkies at mine too.

Top Bottom