TSC mixed Bantams

RodNTN

Hatchaolic
8 Years
May 22, 2013
The Volunteer State
My Coop
My Coop
Hi! We picked 4 Bantam chicks up from TSC a couple of hours ago, out of the Bantam bin. One had pasty butt (taken care of ;)). I'll post some pics in a little bit, just wanted to know what breeds TSC generally sells.

I thought for sure that these two chicks we picked out were Silkies, but I am really starting to think that they're not. They looked just like Buff Silkies, and they have feathered legs. But up close I noticed that their skin isn't black.

So, my question is- what breeds does TSC generally sell? Thanks in advance! :)

They might be Cochins with the feathered legs. Silkies have a unique feather pattern growth as chicks that will distinguish them from smooth feathered breeds. Here's what my silkie chicks looked like :)
IMG_3183.jpg

The one near me has sebrights and OEGs, but they can also have silkies and cochins and whatever else the hatchery tosses in there. Pictures would help.

I got a handful of silver duckwing OEGBs at mine. I wish I had known the trick to sexing them when I picked them out, though. I only have two pullets. :rolleyes:

The one near me has sebrights and OEGs, but they can also have silkies and cochins and whatever else the hatchery tosses in there. Pictures would help.

I got a handful of silver duckwing OEGBs at mine. I wish I had known the trick to sexing them when I picked them out, though. I only have two pullets. :rolleyes:

I must now research this trick you speak of.......

I want some but am not allowed a rooster.......

Hi! We picked 4 Bantam chicks up from TSC a couple of hours ago, out of the Bantam bin. One had pasty butt (taken care of ;)). I'll post some pics in a little bit, just wanted to know what breeds TSC generally sells.

I thought for sure that these two chicks we picked out were Silkies, but I am really starting to think that they're not. They looked just like Buff Silkies, and they have feathered legs. But up close I noticed that their skin isn't black.

So, my question is- what breeds does TSC generally sell? Thanks in advance! :)

I got some recently too, looking for Silkies. I only got one, and the other three were a mystery. After posting here, I have discovered that mine are Porcelain D’Uccles. I was very happy with this. I will post pics below of my chick.

Cochins, D’Uccles, OEGB at mine

D’Uccles and Silkies at mine too.

Back
Top Bottom