1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tsc return policy

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by burdboy, Mar 10, 2017.

1. burdboy

burdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2016
    I have a chick I got today that's very sick, I believe it's going to pass away, do y'all know what tractor supply's return policy on dead baby chicks? I really wanted a barred rock, she's my only one.

2. birds4kids

birds4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015
    Chicks are fragile and they have no idea what care you took, I would not expect any "return policy" on them but the only way you will know is to call them in the morning.

Unfortunately some mortality is somewhat normal, especially if new to raising chicks.

They are inexpensive enough, if they say no guarantee just buy another, they might let you just have the one in this circumstance. Some states have minimum quantity purchases to deter people from buying hem as "Easter pets" not expected to grow up.

3. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    If the chick is sick don't return it. It may just make the other chicks in the store sick.

4. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    Some of these chick sicknesss are airborne.

5. burdboy

burdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2016
    The chick passed away I knew the chick was sick by the way it looked and I told the lady at tractor supply, she just said it'll be ok just keep it warm.

6. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Lesson learned. Never ever ever pay for a chick if your gut is telling you that it is not healthy. Sorry for your loss. Since the lady TOLD you it was fine, I'd call the manager, and see what they will do about a refund.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by