TSC special: Smokey pearl? Mystic Pearl? MelanisticX?

spiderleader

In the Brooder
Sep 7, 2023
Got 3 SR chicks and 1 pullet from TSC and I can't remember their names, besides BOTH included the term 'pearl'. As chicks I could barely tell them apart, just yellow with a couple black dots; now at 6m they're completley different. All were supposed to be white with black/gray flecks and slightly on the smaller side. The SR group, I knew as pearl onyx, supposedly would develop completely black skin/comb. What I thought is a smokey pearl, would be identical, but with standard yellow leg/red comb. I was lucky enough all 4 are pullets, but it ended there.

Only 1 SR or 'pearl onyx' reflects the initial description (brat). I am more interested in knowing this breed as 1 has too many-too long toes, accompanied by a hip and/or knee issue and maybe someone has seen it before. I like the smaller sized birds and would like more to match brat, who I initially just called the smart one haha, but again need a bit more info.

The 4th girl 'smokey pearl'? is obv a leghornX, never got obvious spots and stayed similarly small. I'm more just curious at this point on her...

Of course these aren't true breeds and with their genetics I understand it's impossible to get 'chickens as described; but I have yet to see a pearl-anything like this and it's the most common name Iv'e come across in search of their lineage https://www.hoovershatchery.com/smokeypearl.html

Please don't hesitate to ask for any clarification or more info! Thank you :)

Attachments

• legbrat.jpg
    legbrat.jpg
    935.4 KB · Views: 42
  • trio.jpg
    trio.jpg
    740.6 KB · Views: 25
  • leggy.jpg
    leggy.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 24
Maybe smokey pearl for the one with the red comb, though to me it looks like a California White. The other with the dark comb is called a pearl onyx, I believe.
Thank you! I thought so too, just she's so small still. Trying to find anything similar/on them has proven to be most difficult for whatever reason haha.

Back
Top Bottom