TSC Still Air Incubator??

jaimie13

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 30, 2014
Texas
I will be purchasing one this week and just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations, tips, or helpful information in general as this is my first time incubating. I have 12 eggs in my Pekin nest as of this morning.

I have 3 Little Giant still air bators, that I got from tractor supply. I love these incubators, 2 are the old style, 1 is the new style . I prefer the old style. I have had these incubators about 2 years .My last attempt at hatching ( about 5 weeks ago) went like this, I put 28 eggs in the incubator, 5 turned out to be non-fertile, so that left 23 eggs. Of these 23, I hatched out 21 chicks... I have always had good hatch rates with these incubators. It's a hands on incubator, you have to do all the work, turning the eggs, checking humidity, checking temperature to make sure everything is going as planned. If you have any questions I would be glad to help you in any way that I can...

I have a still air Little Giant, from TSC, as well. It came to me used from a chicken friend. As stated in the previous post, its not a set it and forget it kind of bator. I don't have to babysit mine every second of the day, but I do make sure to check it often. If you keep them in a room that can manage to maintain a steady temp, they do quite well. I like mine, I've managed to hatch quite a few chicks in it, but honestly I've never had another incubator, so I have nothing to compare it to.

There is a pretty long thread in this section of the forum dedicated to the LG, I think its called Little Giant tips and tricks, theres a lot of good info on there. Good luck :)

X2

The LG tip and tricks thread was extremely helpful! I got one used on Craigslist and installed my own thermometer, temperature nob, and 12v variable speed fan according to their recommendations in that thread and had a successful hatch.

I, too, have a thermal (still) air incubator. It is a Hova Bator 1602N. The previous posters are right in that it is a very 'hands' on incubator.
If you don't mind doing almost all the work than these incubators can be a very good fit.
I did the dry hatch method and put 6 viable eggs and one 'uncertain' in lockdown, ending up with 6 chicks...had I not put the one I was almost sure was no good I would have had a 100% post lockdown rate.
I would recommend this incubator if you have done your research and have the time to be very involved.

I have a styrofoam incubator too. I tried the dry hatch this time and had a great hatch,got 20 out of 22 eggs. I did use a turner,on the 18 day I turned off the turner and added water.15 hatched on day 21,6 on day22, and l I helped out today,it was pip but was over due,turned out fine tho

I have a styrofoam incubator too. I tried the dry hatch this time and had a great hatch,got 20 out of 22 eggs. I did use a turner,on the 18 day I turned off the turner and added water.15 hatched on day 21,6 on day22, and l I helped out today,it was pip but was over due,turned out fine tho
Congrats on such a successful hatch!

Back
Top Bottom