TSC's Assorted Red Pullets and 'Assorted Pullets'

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by beautybyrdies, Mar 3, 2013.

1. beautybyrdies

beautybyrdies New Egg

Mar 14, 2012
    Greetings... I would love some help to see what kind of chicks I have purchased... the suspense is killing me! [​IMG]
    Here are the gals. We bought three of each assortment.

[​IMG]
    I have searched through pages on Goggle Images to try and find a similar match to the three black colored pullet-chicks. I could not match them up.

[​IMG]
    Here is a picture of its face markings. One of them is white breasted and has white feathers coming in on its wings.

Also... is it normal for them to be fluffing/picking at their wings, back, tail.... is this how they get their feathers in? I do have a red light and starter chick feed from TSC. I don't think its because there is a lack of protein. (Got that info from my book...)

THANKS for the HELP!!

2. DavidKerk

DavidKerk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    The yellowish ones look just like my California Grey Leghorns.

3. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I can not help you identify your chicks, but I can tell you picking at themselves is normal. It is sad to watch them pulling off all the fluffy-ness to make way for feathers. Feathers will start on their wings and butts first, then progress all over. Mine had silly feathered racing stripes on their bellies for a while. Then they eventually look like no one owns them and they need a good grooming (the dinosaur looking phase), before you know it they look like miniature chickens.

4. laceynoelle

laceynoelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    I think your blackish chicks are little Golden laced Wyandottes.

5. DavidKerk

DavidKerk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    I agree!

6. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    The black ones are gold laced wyandottes. The white ones are most likely California Greys, White Leghorns, White Rocks, or White Wyandottes.

7. sdsmowen

sdsmowen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    Yep i think so too they look just like mine did as chicks. My guess on the yellow ones is White rock

8. beautybyrdies

beautybyrdies New Egg

Mar 14, 2012
    Thank you all!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by