TSC's Assorted Red Pullets and 'Assorted Pullets'

beautybyrdies

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 14, 2012
Greetings... I would love some help to see what kind of chicks I have purchased... the suspense is killing me!
Here are the gals. We bought three of each assortment.

I have searched through pages on Goggle Images to try and find a similar match to the three black colored pullet-chicks. I could not match them up.

Here is a picture of its face markings. One of them is white breasted and has white feathers coming in on its wings.

Also... is it normal for them to be fluffing/picking at their wings, back, tail.... is this how they get their feathers in? I do have a red light and starter chick feed from TSC. I don't think its because there is a lack of protein. (Got that info from my book...)

THANKS for the HELP!!

I can not help you identify your chicks, but I can tell you picking at themselves is normal. It is sad to watch them pulling off all the fluffy-ness to make way for feathers. Feathers will start on their wings and butts first, then progress all over. Mine had silly feathered racing stripes on their bellies for a while. Then they eventually look like no one owns them and they need a good grooming (the dinosaur looking phase), before you know it they look like miniature chickens.

Back
Top Bottom