Tubby the Chicken

reproductively focused = short lifespan, survival of the species. Same thing with grabbing the biggest chunks of food first, so if they get interrupted they've had the most they could get in the time available.

(Imagining bathroom loungers reading aloud to the tub chicken the childrens' book "Everybody Poops" and creating a whole new world of human/chicken understanding...)

farmin'chick :

reproductively focused = short lifespan, survival of the species. Same thing with grabbing the biggest chunks of food first, so if they get interrupted they've had the most they could get in the time available.

(Imagining bathroom loungers reading aloud to the tub chicken the childrens' book "Everybody Poops" and creating a whole new world of human/chicken understanding...)

In this house it is more like Walter the Farting Dog.​

Glad to see that Tubby is still doing well
big_smile.png

That's a pretty girl!

I have to say though, first thing I thought was "Is there another tub in the house?"

Quote:
From my experience, that seems to be pretty common for Barred Rocks. My pullets (4 of them) were the flightiest things EVER when I first got them, because all they'd ever known of humans was that they cut their beaks off, made them live in tiny cages and grabbed them by the legs whenever they handled them. Since I've had my girls (about 2 months now), they free range, get picked up and petted after roosting, and have learned that "chick, chick, chick" means goodies are coming, either from the deck above them or from the person standing in the yard doing the calling. One of them, we call her "Floppy" because her comb flops over to the side - almost completely covering one side of her face - follows us around the yard whenever we go out. I'm so glad I got Barred Rocks, and I LOVE the name "Tubby" for yours!
love.gif

Quote:
She is doing GREAT!!!! This adoption went VERY well. I have never met a chicken so darned attached to humans. It doesn;t matter who it is going into the coop. She is just a love!

Quote:
From my experience, that seems to be pretty common for Barred Rocks. My pullets (4 of them) were the flightiest things EVER when I first got them, because all they'd ever known of humans was that they cut their beaks off, made them live in tiny cages and grabbed them by the legs whenever they handled them. Since I've had my girls (about 2 months now), they free range, get picked up and petted after roosting, and have learned that "chick, chick, chick" means goodies are coming, either from the deck above them or from the person standing in the yard doing the calling. One of them, we call her "Floppy" because her comb flops over to the side - almost completely covering one side of her face - follows us around the yard whenever we go out. I'm so glad I got Barred Rocks, and I LOVE the name "Tubby" for yours!
love.gif

How could I call her anything else??

Back
Top Bottom