It's a little trickier in birds because the have air sacs, but if you have give fluids to mammals, and you have fluids, I can probably teach you.
Do you have any video? I can search online too. Did you originally mean that I should tube feed the fluids? Thanks so much for your help! I’m heartened that the little guy seems to have responded positively to the tube feeding. I don’t want him to suffer. If it’s time to euthanize, I’m ready... but if I can help him, I will.

He needs fluids, lots of them, so make sure he gets enough, like at least 55 ml of fluids per day. The amount of fluid you use in your tube-feeding formula counts towards this.

At his weight (~1088 grams), I would shoot for 33 ml 2-4 times a day. Weigh daily in the morning before feeding. If he is not gaining or is losing weight, try to increase.

Have you seen this video?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vUjFZRDp1W3eT9RWJVJ5DBKsFC9cMuYh/view?usp=sharing
I know this is an old thread, but I've seen you post some great advice on tube feeding! What is your suggestion on how many ML per feeding for a 4lb hen? I plan to split them into 4 feedings per day. Would 40ML/feeding be sufficient? My hen is drinking on her own, just not eating enough.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom