Tucking head way under and walking backwards

My Duck had the same exact problem. it got so bad that we ended up taking her to the vet.
The vet gave us two ultimatums

It was either Lead poisoning or a Brain tumor...

The Vet bill was almost $500 on the treatment for Lead poisoning... but it turned out she had a brain tumor and only lived to be 2 years old.
If its a tumor she will need to be taken inside with you and you'll have to hold her untill her(soon to be) sesures start.

Its not a life any bird should live
sad.png

I'd say to take her to a Vet if you have the money.

My duck started showing signs of this at age 6 months.
She got better for about a month and then got worse
sad.png

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:
I can say my girl is better... I am so happy I did not put her down. Thanks for all the help. The water soluble vitamins which I doubled the dose and Duramycin 10 along with increasing her feed protien really worked..... right now I am cutting back on everything except the high pro feed, slowly so I dont shock her in any way... I named her CURLY...

Ice329, glad you are giving it a try! I love the name! Post a pic if you can.
My little Wry is doing really well. She has established a higher pecking order, she is not twisting at all, I have her off everything except E and B twice a week. I toss treats, she is right there with the most aggressive ones! Don't be suprised if you get a relapse, Wry seemed all better for a long while and then went bad again for a week or so. Maybe not ease off the vitamins just yet... it wont hurt to keep feeding them to her.
wee.gif

Knightslilangel, not sure if this is the same thing! I have read that lots of chickens get this from brain injury, vitamin defiency or sometimes even infection. Lots of people have successfully treated with vitamins. Maybe it affects ducks differently.
hu.gif

I am only easing her off the 2x vitamin dose back to a normal dose. I wil post her pic soon as she is getting her new coop maybe tomarrow or friday ... Thanks and G/L with your Wry

Back
Top Bottom