Tula, Emporda, Normandy and other unusual breeds

ok here it goes : these two babies are African gander crossed whin an Chinese/embden as you can see there is a lighter gosling which is actually bigger and taller then its sister which is the darker one ! If im correct with the sexes could this cross breed be autosexing dark goslings?! And what will they look like when older (all babies i had that i had were all same shade of dark in colour but these two are different colours and have same parents and a ive an other babie on the way to try and prove this theory more we will see brazil ;-)

ok here it goes : these two babies are African gander crossed whin an Chinese/embden as you can see there is a lighter gosling which is actually bigger and taller then its sister which is the darker one ! If im correct with the sexes could this cross breed be autosexing dark goslings?! And what will they look like when older (all babies i had that i had were all same shade of dark in colour but these two are different colours and have same parents and a ive an other babie on the way to try and prove this theory more we will see brazil ;-)
Sounds fun, serv! The 'white' genes in Africans and chinese are different to the 'white' genes in Embdens, so maybe something is happening here because of the Embden influence? Surprising, I wouldn´t have expected it, but it´s really interesting.

some of mine that have the auto-sexing father and saddleback mother seem to be different shades of grey, which I didn´t know if it would happen or not, now I´m just waiting to see if the females are the paler ones, which could indicate they´re auto-sexing, and may tell me what the make-up could be of my 3 mix-breed geese.. so interesting. i´ll find out for sure if I breed them back next year to auto-sexing ganders.

Brazil that also sounds fun! Can you tell me how can you get a saddleback male goslings of you dont have a saddleback gander
Well, I don´t KNOW exactly if it´ll work, because as much as I try to understand genes, I get a bit stuck with some of it. Especially as I´m using mixed-breed geese that are at least 3rd generation pied and saddleback, but it would seem no particular breed. So, the goose is saddleback, and the mum of the pied gander is saddleback, so I´m just going to see what happens.
I also have two unrelated geese that are saddleback, look like Normandies, remember them? Well, I also want to test my theory on them being auto-sexing geese, so I´ll put them to a pilgrim male, and see what comes of that. All experimental and fun!
big_smile.png

The 2 females are pied (look like mini pomes)
The father of the pieds is a greylag and the mother is an embden.
The gander that is breeding with one pied is a pure embden.
And the gander mating with my other pied is a EmbdenXToulouseChinese

Hope its not confusing :)

Back
Top Bottom