Tumor or Infection? Sick Silkie please help!

I would get someone to help, and wrap her in a towel. Sterilize the needle or a disposable scalpel blade, and lance it. Then you would be pretty sure whether or not to do more. If there is a chance that she was pecked or injured herself, it might be an abscess or healing injury.
I finally got someone to help me with it. I made maybe about a 5mm long incision and only got blood and not much blood at that. No sign of puss that I could see. Should I try again sometime and make a bigger and deeper cut? She seems perfectly fine in herself but the mass is getting bigger. I’m worried about it reaching her eye or impacting her ability to eat. I’m going to reach out to the person I got her from and see if she has had any others with a similar issue in the past

How is the mass looking on your chicken? Is she doing okay?
She is acting normal but the mass seems to keep getting bigger, I’m at a bit of a loss. I don’t know whether to leave her be or try some antibiotics. Could it be fowl cholera? She does not have any discharge though

You could try antibiotics, or try and see a vet. I think you can get oxymav there, but I’m not sure that it would be a strong antibiotic. If she has a tumor, she may eventually die of it. Can you check with an avian center at a vet college, or speak with a vet locally on how to get a necropsy if you lose her?

Back
Top Bottom