turken can't walk

Kellishockey

Hatching
Dec 1, 2018
My turken has not been able to stand for 4 days. He can still move both legs but when set up he just falls over and lays on his side. This has gotten progressively worse over the last 4 days. 4 days ago he was still somewhat walking now he won't even attempt to. Still eating and drinking water. Any suggestions?

Possibly the mixing of genes that in nature weren't meant to be mixed together caused some sort of neurological issue resulting in your turken having these issues.

:p I'm no genetic expert...... just a guess from an observer. I mean, you are essentially mixing a turkey with a chicken, something in the DNA is bound to go bonkers! Hahaha. Sort of like tigers and lions and how if they mated their offspring will be infertile or something like that, that I've read. Or maybe it was some other animals, point is, when you mixed gene pools that aren't really meant to be mixed together, sometimes something with the DNA go haywire!

:p I'm no genetic expert...... just a guess from an observer. I mean, you are essentially mixing a turkey with a chicken, something in the DNA is bound to go bonkers! Hahaha. Sort of like tigers and lions and how if they mated their offspring will be infertile or something like that, that I've read.
A turken, contrary to popular belief, is not a cross between a turkey and a chicken.

:p I'm no genetic expert...... just a guess from an observer. I mean, you are essentially mixing a turkey with a chicken, something in the DNA is bound to go bonkers! Hahaha. Sort of like tigers and lions and how if they mated their offspring will be infertile or something like that, that I've read.
Turkens, despite the name (and popular belief) ARE NOT turkeys crossed with chickens. This is a myth and is not true. Turkens are 100% chickens. :)

Back
Top Bottom