Turken has weird spots on neck...

DavidILoveYou22

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 22, 2012
Eldorado County, Northern CA
I'm not sure what's going on with my Turken, but she has these weird red patches on either side of her head, right below her ears, at the back of her lower jawbone. They are both about the size of a jelly bean, and look kind of like sunburned spots. I'll post some pictures later. I don't know what's up with these, and I am kind of concerned. They have been there for about a week, at first I decided to wait to post in case they went away but they haven't. She is 4 wks. old tomorrow.
Right now she has been moved outside, with four adult hens and another dozen or so chicks--- all her age except one a week younger. These patches appeared before she was moved outside, so I know what big hens didn't make them by pecking or something. Anyone dealt with this before?

That was my first thought, but I don't think that's it. I forgot to mention this before, but the spots are not inflamed, or swollen- the skin feels just like the rest of her neck, it only looks different. I would think pecking would cause some kind of wounds, not just color. Could be wrong, though.

Back
Top Bottom