1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

turkens

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Johndale, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Johndale

Johndale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    what color eggs do turkens lay?
    and are they seasonal layers or year around?

2. rhoda_bruce

rhoda_bruce Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Cut Off, LA
    Brown egg layers and they are pretty good layers, but not super awesome good. I have had them, but I can't now because they hurt my eyes too much.

3. rhoda_bruce

rhoda_bruce Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Cut Off, LA
    I feel like I was mean to you. Sorry, but they just freak me out. They are good chickens though and some people just love getting things that are unusual. I mean I have a few chickens that lay blue eggs and have no butts.

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I intend to add a few turkens, maybe more, to my flock this spring. I'm getting them because I've read many tales here on BYC about their sweet dispositions. Personality trumps looks in my book every time. [​IMG]

5. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    My turken is freakin amazing. AMAZING. Nekkie neck and all lol. She hasnt laid for me yet but i am so excited for when she does!

6. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    I have 2 bowtie turkens...one is about a month old..the other is about 2 weeks old...reminds me of a cochin...friendly...the one month old loves to follow me around...

7. bubblebean11

bubblebean11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    20 min N of Denver
    Quote:Amen!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by