Turkey aggression

Cupbernbelle

In the Brooder
Dec 19, 2021
Hi everyone! So… I have a tom named Frank I’ve had him and his hen Fiona since they were a couple days old. Now Frank gets aggressive with my animals one after the other and he has started to hurt them. I really don’t want to give him up as he is just a well loved pet. Is there a way I can change his behavior towards my other animals?

Hi everyone! So… I have a tom named Frank I’ve had him and his hen Fiona since they were a couple days old. Now Frank gets aggressive with my animals one after the other and he has started to hurt them. I really don’t want to give him up as he is just a well loved pet. Is there a way I can change his behavior towards my other animals?
Keep him separate from them. It probably won't be long until he also becomes human aggressive.

Lol it has been a thought!!
Aggression in turkeys can be related to diet.

Food effect on aggressive turkeys.

In my experience, human aggressive turkeys are almost always due to the turkeys being imprinted by people when they are poults. The imprinting removes their ability to understand that people aren't turkeys.

Aggression in turkeys can be related to diet.

Food effect on aggressive turkeys.

In my experience, human aggressive turkeys are almost always due to the turkeys being imprinted by people when they are poults. The imprinting removes their ability to understand that people aren't turkeys.
Ohhh that makes sense. I bought him as a 6 month old, but he has taken up attacking us.

Ohhh that makes sense. I bought him as a 6 month old, but he has taken up attacking us.
I have people that get me to raise their poults for them. My turkeys are not human aggressive. They don't follow me around or get in my way. They will not come within arm's reach of me.

I go out of my way to make sure that I do not imprint them. They act like turkeys and not like pets.

I have people that get me to raise their poults for them. My turkeys are not human aggressive. They don't follow me around or get in my way. They will not come within arm's reach of me.

I go out of my way to make sure that I do not imprint them. They act like turkeys and not like pets.
So besides eating him, is there away I can fix this?

Back
Top Bottom