Turkey attacked by dog and has a large crop?

XxcremexX

Hatching
5 Years
May 25, 2014
Hi I have a turkey who is about 2 months old that escaped from her cage and was bitten by my dog 3 days ago. He was badly wounded and was gasping for air when we first found him surrounded by my dog. He had many feathers pulled out of him and it looked like the dog was giving him more of a squeeze and was maybe trying to play with him. We were able to clean the wounds and add medicine to them. What worried us was that he was not able to get enough air but he was later able to breathe without him. We were able to clean the wounds and add medicine to them. What worried us was that he was not able to get enough air but he was later able to breathe without him opening his beak the next day. He was doing better until he started to throw up what looked like water. This happened several times. He is also not pooping as much or eating he is just drinking a lot of water. Today we decided to give him some antibiotics from our local pet shop because we noticed that his crop was inflated. He is also not pooping as much or eating he is just drinking a lot of water. Today we decided to give him some antibiotics from our local pet shop because we noticed that his crop was inflated. He is very sick and we are not able to afford a vet at this time I am typing as fast as i can so sorry for my grammer mistakes. If you have any suggestions on what to do is all very helpful Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom