Turkey Baby eye

sirrobyn0

Songster
8 Years
Feb 1, 2015
Pacific Northwest
A couple days old. To be honest neither of us remember this little guy looking like this when he hatched, but it's also possible we missed it. it's hard to tell if there is an eye ball under there but I think there might be. Other eye looks normal, and she's eatting, drinking and growing find so far, but it's early. Any advice appreciated
20220515_124315.jpg
20220515_124320.jpg
20220515_124323.jpg
see pics. Thanks.

Any sneezing, Nazel discharge, Foaming in the eye? Those are signs of MG. Hopefully it may be just some infection and not MG. I would rinse eye with saline solution to try and clean it out. And put some antibiotic ointment on it.

Sorry about being slow to update. We put a warm moist cotton ball over the eye a couple of times. Last night it was open and she's doing just fine. In the end I think it was just crusted over with something, maybe from the hatch. The thing is neither of us remember seeing that when she went from incubator to brooder. Regardless it's opened up and looks normal now. Thanks.

Sorry about being slow to update. We put a warm moist cotton ball over the eye a couple of times. Last night it was open and she's doing just fine. In the end I think it was just crusted over with something, maybe from the hatch. The thing is neither of us remember seeing that when she went from incubator to brooder. Regardless it's opened up and looks normal now. Thanks.
Glad to hear little poults eye is ok and is doing good. I have had a hatchling with matted eye like that from hatching junk. Hopefully that's all it was and enjoy your new poults.

Glad to hear little poults eye is ok and is doing good. I have had a hatchling with matted eye like that from hatching junk. Hopefully that's all it was and enjoy your new poults.
I don't know. I'm hardly a hatching expert, but wouldn't say we are green either, it's just something we hadn't seen before. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom