Turkey beating up chickens

Chickenman2006

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2021
I have a turkey who I found beating up on a couple of my chickens. They both seem okay now. The are both bloody tho. We recently got this turkey at an auction. She’s either gonna be dinner or going to another place if I can’t get her to like them. Is there any possible way to get a turkey to be more docile toward chickens?

I have a turkey who I found beating up on a couple of my chickens. They both seem okay now. The are both bloody tho. We recently got this turkey at an auction. She’s either gonna be dinner or going to another place if I can’t get her to like them. Is there any possible way to get a turkey to be more docile toward chickens?
Turkeys need to be with other turkeys. Right now she is establishing her position in the pecking order. One difference between chickens and turkeys is that when a turkey gets an idea in its head, it can be relentless until it accomplishes its goal.

Turkeys are certainly capable of killing chickens.

I have three turkeys. A Tom and two hens but one of the hens is broody. Do u think that could be the problem? Do u think she just is mad she can’t hangout with the other hen so she is beating up on the chickens?

I have three turkeys. A Tom and two hens but one of the hens is broody. Do u think that could be the problem? Do u think she just is mad she can’t hangout with the other hen so she is beating up on the chickens?
That is a possibility. If you feel the need to keep her with the chickens, make sure the chickens have lots of hiding places and plenty of obstacles to make their escapes easier.

Back
Top Bottom