Turkey egg incubation 2.0

20210417_131339.jpg
ok semi easy part over now its getting real. Brooder has sand bottom food sprinkled about thermometer reading 95 at that light and goin to 70s down in shaded area. They're hanging out around the 90ish area. I have one egg zipped and one pipped. I have some 4 day old chicks in a different brooder can I bring some of those in for teachers. These guys aint interested in eating or drinking yet. @R2elk Hang with me today I don't wanna screw this up.

Last edited:
View attachment 2621676ok semi easy part over now its getting real. Brooder has sand bottom food sprinkled about thermometer reading 95 at that light and going to 70s down in shaded area. They're hanging out around the 90ish area. I have one egg zipped and one pipped. I have some 4 day old chicks in a different brooder can I bring some of those in for teachers. These guys ain't interested in eating or drinking yet.
Measure the temperature at the bedding level. That is the only place that it matters. I start my poults at 90°F measured at the bedding level. If you measure the air temperature, you can overheat heat the bedding level and cook the poults.

You can add a couple of chicks. I don't. Newly hatched poults are still absorbing the nutrients from the eggs and can go 3 days without eating or drinking. Once you get the temperatures right in the brooder, the poults will become more active and start investigating things. That will let them find the food you have sprinkled on the bedding.

One just hatched its bigger than these other 3 but it looks like it has a belly button sticking out where it absorbs yolk. Theres no sack just skin from what I can tell but pokes out? Any idea? This one just hatched out within the last 10 minutes.

One just hatched its bigger than these other 3 but it looks like it has a belly button sticking out where it absorbs yolk. There's no sack just skin from what I can tell but pokes out? Any idea? This one just hatched out within the last 10 minutes.
May have hatched a little early and needs time to absorb it. The other possibility is parents too closely related and you may be seeing a genetic problem.

Leave it in the incubator and see how it looks tomorrow.

Everytime it peeps it looks like its about to burst should I make it dark in there so maybe it'll settle down and take a nap theres another egg pipped so I'm guessing they can hear each other. Years of gun fire and chemical plants my ears aren't the best so I can't hear them in the shells.

Everytime it peeps it looks like its about to burst should I make it dark in there so maybe it'll settle down and take a nap theres another egg pipped so I'm guessing they can hear each other. Years of gun fire and chemical plants my ears aren't the best so I can't hear them in the shells.
I would just leave it alone.

Back
Top Bottom