Turkey eggs first time

New chiken momma

Chirping
Jul 22, 2020
I have never incubated turkey eggs. I need to know what to set the incubator how many times a day do I need to turn the eggs how long do the take to hatch how high/low does the humidity need to be when do I be to lower it when do I need to need to quit turning them Please help I need to know EVERYTHING possible!!!!

I have never incubated turkey eggs. I need to know what to set the incubator how many times a day do I need to turn the eggs how long do the take to hatch how high/low does the humidity need to be when do I be to lower it when do I need to need to quit turning them Please help I need to know EVERYTHING possible!!!!
Read Hatching Eggs 101 by @Sally Sunshine

Use the same procedure as for chicken eggs except that turkeys take 28 days to hatch.

The incubator temperature will depend on whether you are using a still air or a forced air incubator.

I try to incubate at 30% humidity and switch to 65% to 70% humidity at lockdown. I go to lockdown on day 25 for my turkey eggs.

You need to check the incubator temperature with a calibrated thermometer and use a salt tested hygrometer to measure the humidity.

Porter's Turkey Egg Hatching Tips

Read Hatching Eggs 101 by @Sally Sunshine

Use the same procedure as for chicken eggs except that turkeys take 28 days to hatch.

The incubator temperature will depend on whether you are using a still air or a forced air incubator.

I try to incubate at 30% humidity and switch to 65% to 70% humidity at lockdown. I go to lockdown on day 25 for my turkey eggs.

You need to check the incubator temperature with a calibrated thermometer and use a salt tested hygrometer to measure the humidity.

Porter's Turkey Egg Hatching Tips

Thank you so very much. The articles are very helpful The only thing I really want to make sure on that really different is do I raise the humidity and lower the temperature at the exact sametime? Fingers crossed that's I have happy healthy little turkeys in 28 days.

Thank you so very much. The articles are very helpful The only thing I really want to make sure on that really different is do I raise the humidity and lower the temperature at the exact same time? Fingers crossed that's I have happy healthy little turkeys in 28 days.
Personally, I do not lower the temperature at lockdown. I stop turning the eggs and raise the humidity when I start lockdown.

If you do lower the temperature, it is not critical that it happens at the exact same time time as you raise the humidity. It does not even matter that you go into lockdown mode at an exact time.

Back
Top Bottom