Turkey eggs

My youngest batch of poults are 9 weeks old this week and none of them strut. Most of the time, it's easy to visually differentiate between hens and toms before they start getting hormonal and squatting (hens) or strutting.
When I have young poults they will not strut in front of me but if a stranger shows up, all kinds of display behaviors happen.

Three weeks old with no strutting doesn't mean anything about their sexes.
Ok because I read that around that age u will see the strutting. Or signs of it. I'm happy either way I think it's just been cool to watch them grow. And then be good on my table! I find it cool your white bb lays eggs because I was alittle sad when doing research because they said it's a hit or miss if they will. It gives me hope because I also have a bb bronze

My youngest batch of poults are 9 weeks old this week and none of them strut. Most of the time, it's easy to visually differentiate between hens and toms before they start getting hormonal and squatting (hens) or strutting.
Can u explain? Maybe I'm looking wrong. Is there a way!? I would love to know I have read and read and read but I know if u have an animal long enough u know more than reading will ever do!

Ok because I read that around that age u will see the strutting. Or signs of it. I'm happy either way I think it's just been cool to watch them grow. And then be good on my table! I find it cool your white bb lays eggs because I was alittle sad when doing research because they said it's a hit or miss if they will. It gives me hope because I also have a bb bronze
Strutting at a young age is not proof of sex. Strutting alone at any age is not proof of sex. Both hens and toms can strut and display.

I had a hen two days ago in full "war" mode as she tried to clear the other turkeys and chickens out of her area so she could lay her egg. It was the first time that I have seen a hen lay an egg while in full display.

@OneMountainAcres had a poult that would go into full display at only a few days old. It turned out to be a hen.

Strutting at a young age is not proof of sex. Strutting alone at any age is not proof of sex. Both hens and toms can strut and display.

I had a hen two days ago in full "war" mode as she tried to clear the other turkeys and chickens out of her area so she could lay her egg. It was the first time that I have seen a hen lay an egg while in full display.

@OneMountainAcres had a poult that would go into full display at only a few days old. It turned out to be a hen.
I really wish they were easier to sex.

They are very easy to sex once they are old enough. It helps to have both sexes to be able to see the differences.
Yeah I just got a 3 assortment I got 1 heritage and 2 BBs all different so I guess I will just have to continue to play the wait game 🤣🤣which is fine I will eat them just the same

Back
Top Bottom