turkey eggs

kmartinez

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 9, 2015
I have 15 turkey eggs set in a Brinsea 20 eco, my temp is right at 99.8 says my the eternal thermometer that reads humidity at, the brinsea says 100. I have a question on humidity. I am using felt in the bottom and have 52 percent humidity it's pretty stable on that number when I add water it bumps to 61 and settles back in the 50, s. When I got the eggs the woman advised humidity between 45 and 70 and not to go over 70.do I need to raise the humidity for them. Because now i am confused lol, I was reading a couple sources that said humidity at 70 until lock down then up it to 80 and regulate the temp down to 98.5.

Thanks

Last edited:
Try to keep it 35 to 45 for first 25 days. Raise to 70 or more for lockdown.

I have been running dry hatch method for first hatching attempts this year.

Had a lot of late quitters days 20 had good movement. By day 28 had passed. Humidity was running 25.

I have 15 turkey eggs set in a Brinsea 20 eco, my temp is right at 99.8 says my the eternal thermometer that reads humidity at, the brinsea says 100. I have a question on humidity. I am using felt in the bottom and have 52 percent humidity it's pretty stable on that number when I add water it bumps to 61 and settles back in the 50, s. When I got the eggs the woman advised humidity between 45 and 70 and not to go over 70.do I need to raise the humidity for them. Because now i am confused lol, I was reading a couple sources that said humidity at 70 until lock down then up it to 80 and regulate the temp down to 98.5.

Thanks

How did your hatch turn out? I may set some turkey eggs if my friend brings me turkey eggs. We talked about hatching turkey eggs a week ago. You know it can be touch and go whether you can get eggs sometimes.

The eggs seem to be doing well. Had 1 out of the 15 that was not fertilized. All 14 have movement. This is my 1st time hatching turkey eggs so I been candling more than I probably should to check how development. Only on 7 days and 14 did I take them out and candle but ever time I need to add water for humidity I candle them in the rack quickly without picking them up. Still have a couple days to go, I am anxious

Back
Top Bottom